Scott Barbour is a multi-award winning New Zealand photographer based in Australia who has worked for Getty Images for over 15 years, photographing a diverse range of subjects and events in that time.
In 1999 he moved to Sydney, Australia to become a staff photographer for Allsport, which was to later become a part of Getty Images and he covered his first Olympic Games in 2000. From 2002 to 2008 he was based in London as a staff photographer for Getty Images where he covered a wide variety of news, sports and entertainment assignments such as terrorism in the UK, Turkey and Pakistan; the 2005 Asian Tsunami; the British Royal family and the Olympic Games in Athens. Since 2008 he has been based in Melbourne, Australia.
His images have been published on the front pages of newspapers around the work and featured in Newsweek, Time, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, The Washington Post, The Guardian, the Times and the Telegraph to name but a few.
• -World Press Photo
• -Winner of the Sony World Photography Awards - Sport Photographer of the Year
• -Pictures of the Year International POYi (x10)
• -NPPA Best of Photojournalism (x3)
• -Gold Prize in the China Press Photo Contest (x3)
• -Winner of the Wisden and MCC Cricket Photograph of the Year
• -IOC Best of Sport
• -Winner of British, New Zealand and Australian Sports Journalism Awards
• -Runner-up for the British Press Photographer of the Year award while living in London
• -Runner-up for the Nikon-Walkley Australian Press Photographer of the Year award while living in Australia.