Brazil as host opened the tournament playing against Croatia in Arena de Sao Paulo in the first Group A game. This is the second time that Brazil has hosted the tournament with the first taking place in 1950, where they came runner up to champions Uraguay.
And as Authorized Photographic Agency of FIFA, we'll be there with:
- Depth and quality of the World Cup archive dating back to 1930 via our own and iconic contributors including Hulton Archive, Popperfoto, Keystone, Bob Thomas, Sports Illustrated, Bongrats and AFP
- 6 or more photographers per game during every world cup match.
- Preview collection that includes all 32 teams, players, fans, stadiums, cities via FIFA World Cup 2014 microsite and exclusive official headshots taken in Brazil in the days before the kick off of ALL 32 teams –every player.
- 2 or more photographers per game working on assignment for FIFA Media creating the FIFA Collection, gaining privileged access to unique positions around the pitch and behind the scenes including in the tunnel and in dressing rooms pre-match
- Speed of delivery and support via the website and feeds – images within minutes.
See the best photos from the tournament updated after game
- Photography match coverage
- Sponsors assignments
- Off field assignments, VIP activation, city and fan parks
- Historic and Iconic photography from previous tournaments and other FIFA events that can be used for previews and celebration of the event association.
- Model released generic football photography and video
- Location establishers, including venues, city and lifestyle
- Distribution and publicity services (via gettyimages.com and image.net),
- Asset management via media manager - to store and share assignment images or other digital assets.
- Innovation such as 360 photography and gigapixel
Download the match schedule from the 2014 FIFA World Cup official website